Who Am I?


Who am I?


Hi everyone, my name is Renee, I’m a 30-year-old Stay at Home Mom, living in Riverview, FL. I’ve never written a blog before, but after giving up my career as a full time Social Worker and becoming a Stay at Home Mom, I’ve decided that I am ready for a new challenge. If someone told me a couple years ago, that I was going to be a SAHM, living in FL, and blogging about motherhood, lifestyle, and gardening, I would have laughed at them and said “good joke!” But here I am today, giving it a shot.

I suppose what has drawn me to blogging is having the freedom to be a SAHM and having the ability to share my thoughts, opinions, my experiences, and other tips/tricks that we encounter on this journey of motherhood. I love working on little projects including gardening, I love living a whole and healthy life style, and love teaching my son about all those things. I am looking forward to sharing my experiences that I have encountered so far and looking forward to sharing those to come.

Some more details about myself. I was born and raised in a rural part of Wisconsin (Go Badgers!),
where my parents lived on 8 acres, my grandparents farmed, and the entire family was within a 20-mile radius. I went to high school in a small school, where Elementary, Middle School, and High School were all in the same building. After High School I decided that it’s time to move away to attend college. I went to a smaller university called University of Wisconsin-Stout with the intent of becoming a teacher. After my first year, I realized that it wasn’t for me and found out that I was extremely passionate about helping people with substance abuse disorders and in the criminal justice field. So, I majored in Vocational Rehabilitation with a concentration in Psychiatric Rehabilitation. (AKA Psychology!)

While I was in my Sophomore year of college, my roommate and I decided to attend this meeting for a $20.00 Spring Break Trip. We didn’t know what to expect. When I walked into the room that day, I didn’t realize that my life was about to change. (he was the President of the Habitat for Humanity Club). I leaned over to my roommate and said, “Wow, he’s cute!” Well, after attending that meeting and committing to go on this Spring Break Trip to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, I met the love of my life. Now, my husband Brian. 


Brian graduated college in 2008 and got a job offer in California, I still had 2 years of school left that I completed. I graduated in May of 2010 with my degree and packed all my belongings (I didn’t have that much after college!) in a moving truck and made the move to Clovis, CA. Brian and I got engaged in March 2011 and then we got married in September 2013. Brian and I moved almost every 2 years with his company, (I tell people it’s just like the Military).   After moving out to CA and before we made our move to Galt we decided that something was missing from our lives. So, we welcomed our first baby into our family, Brutus. We rescued him from a rescue shelter in Fresno.  While we lived in California we lived in Clovis, Galt, Sacramento (Moving a couple times), and last San Diego.



While we love California and still love California, we were missing one thing, our family. But I had one rule when finding a place to move close to family. NO SNOW! So, we couldn’t move back to the Midwest, so we decided to move to Florida where Brian’s brothers live, and Dax can grow up around his cousin.



In May 2017, we found out we were pregnant with our first child. (I’ll go into further details in other post about my pregnancy). On February 24, 2018 at 4:34pm, our world changed. We welcome our little bundle of joy into our world. Daxton Allen.
We found out quickly, that parenthood is no joke! Working on little to no sleep, we had to plan our move across the country from California to Florida. We dealt with our move, living out of boxes, in hotels, dealing with a colicky baby, and then adjusting to a new life in FL. (These are all experiences that I want to share with all of you).

Now, after a year of transitioning from California life to Florida life we are finally getting settled. I’m excited to share with you the direction that I want to take Primal Motherhood in our next post and looking forward to getting to know my audience. See you all next week. 


Comments

Popular Posts